Monday, August 2, 2010

I love...tea time


teatime at lauduree with macarons


traditional tea time with scones and jams and clotted cream




If this blog is about all the things I love, then certainly tea time must be on the list! I adore the elegant or comfy settings, delicate floral print china, warm scones, fragrant tea, and of course time for unhurried conversations with friends! I can still remember the first English afternoon tea I went to in Salisbury - I was in England at the beginning of my first tour of Europe - there were tiny cucumber and watercress sandwiches and I had my first authentic scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam. Since then I've had many delightful tea time experiences although I wouldn't mind making it a more frequent occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment